Thursday, June 25, 2009

Are you hungry for more?

Last week, Jenn and I thought it would be a good time to introduce Thomas to a little rice cereal and see if he likes it, and then grows like 2 feet over night (or however kids grow?).

This video is from that first experience, which I must assure you has improved since that time. We followed rice cereal directions and so it's something like 10 parts milk and 1 part cereal (that means it's going to be soggy stuff), but we followed directions like good little Mommy and Daddy. The video is a little funny because you can tell that whether Jenn is feeding Thomas or I'm feeding Thomas, none of us knows what's going on. Which is a pretty special little moment when the whole family can just get together and make a mess on a Saturday morning.



Since we fed Thomas that first day we have been up and down with the whole eating cereal 'thing' (stop reading here if you're not super interested in details), and currently Thomas is really getting to be an expert when it comes to cereal. After the first two days of cereal, Thomas' stomach started hurting him and things got a little backed up. We called the good pediatrician and he said to stop the cereal for a couple days and give Thomas a little apple juice to help clear things up (which it totally did, wow!) So almost a week later (this week), we tried cereal again with much happier results, and as the days have rolled by, Jenn keeps taking away more and more milk so that the cereal is a little thicker. And Thomas has really taken to it, and seems to get excited about eating and so far, so good. I think our feeding schedule/guide thingy says that this next couple weeks we can start adding other fruits and veggies and things, but that might be over the course of the next couple months. I honestly don't know much about taking care of my son, but I follow Jenn's lead and just try and keep Thomas smiling, which I figure means that he's doing all right.

Hope you enjoyed the video and I'll try and keep our video camera rolling!

6 comments:

  1. Don't listen to Don, he is being too modest when he says he doesn't know how to take care of TD. He knows a LOT and does a great job in taking care of him. I am sure Thomas is going to be super sad in August when Daddy has to go to "work" and can't stay home and play with him all day anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don you are doing a GREAT job with Tommy. And yes he will be sad when you are "working" and won't be there to entertain him endlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to concur with Jenn and Leia. Don, you are doing a terrific job with Thomas. And, of course he gets excited about eating - he's got some Aguilar in him doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's me, Katie. Anonymous was the only way I coulg get my comment to post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just entertained how both Leia and Jenn said that I'd be 'working' in August, I like the 'quotes' and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just remind me not to have you two feed me when i am in a nursing home :) Seriously, though you two are doing a great job with little Thomas. cute video. love ya.

    ReplyDelete