Saturday, August 1, 2009

Roadshow & Table-Show

My beautiful wife and I woke up on Saturday, dropped our little angel Thomas off with his Gramma and headed to...

the Antiques Roadshow! Some of you friends and family who really know Jenn and I are aware that only one of use cares about the Antiques Roadshow (hint: it's Jenn, not me), and so when we heard that the Roadshow was coming to Phoenix Arizona we started screaming and crying and yelling and all those mixed emotions (Jenn was happy, I was terrified).

Jenn's good friend Anessa is also a fan of the Roadshow so they both applied for tickets, and got them (what were the chances?), so we started searching garages (we have a car-port), and attics (I only found aliens), and Mother's houses (mine, thank God lives in another time-zone) for objects that could be treasures. Luckily Jenn and I don't have any junk- I mean items to take to the Roadshow, and luckily Anessa's Grandmother owned an antique shop so she had a bunch of things to bring to the Roadshow. This picture is of a carousel horse that Anessa's Grandmother had in her shop, and so every other spectator at the Roadshow came and asked us about the horse and it felt like the Paparazzi were attacking us for the cover of US Weekly.


I didn't realize that every in the state of Arizona had things that they thought might be worth money? I was shocked at the entrance line, because as you get to the front they give you a category ticket based on the items (each person is allowed 2 things) you bring in.

This picture is Anessa telling me how she is able to be patient with all these people asking her questions about her horse, and I'm telling her how I would start turning into a jerk with so many people (people I don't know, mind you) asking me questions and 'chatting' with me about my stuff.
Once inside the Roadshow is were the experts sat and the TV cameras and all that fun stuff you see on TV. However, because they are live filming during the day we aren't allowed to take pictures so my description now will just have to suffice. Like I said it was a packed convention center and all the items we brought in were worth some amount of money (some what we thought, a couple were a little higher then expected), but in the end none of us brought any items that would pay off a mortgage... or buy a car... or afford to have someone killed... but we could probably go on an OK vacation.
Picture of us at the end of our day, Jenn, Don, Anessa, Anessa's Mom Bev at the end of our day.


After our Roadshow morning/afternoon we drove back to Gramma's house to pick up Thomas (Jenn's idea, not mine [joking, of course]), and I show this little video of him playing with a new toy. We bought a little high chair/booster seat and Thomas was hypnotized by this red bird because it was on a little spring, so every time he's touch it, the bird would wiggle back and forth. I pulled the camera out after ten minutes of this, but you'll still see some cute baby time!




PS- for those interested in watching our Antiques Roadshow episode, they mentioned it would air some time in January.

3 comments:

  1. of course, Teta LOVES the videos of Thomas.... LOVE them all. BUT,what happened with Anessa's Carousel Horse? is it worth a lot of $$$$... do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the horse was priced around what Anessa thought, but the expert said she could spend more money to have some restoration done, and it could be worth more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute.. and i have always wanted to go to the show too!! and i know this has nothing to do with anything that was posted, but i noticed someone had a DUTCH BROTHERS coffee! haha

    ReplyDelete