Monday, August 17, 2009

Sick Day!

Hello loyal bloggers! It's the long-awaited post from Jenn!!! (Don't get too excited, it's not going to be anything more fancy than what Don has got.)



This past weekend Thomas had another first but not the good kind. He had his first cold so we stayed home all weekend so he could get better. Today I (Mommy) stayed home from work with him and we went to the doctor. He didn't tell us anything surprising, just that in the first few days of the common cold your baby will have a fever, (which Thomas did) and that he will be really congested (Thomas's nose is running like a faucet) and he will be more fussy (which we can attest to since we pretty much held him all day yesterday).



He is looking better and should be going to daycare tomorrow. Hopefully since Thomas has been intiated into the daycare world with cold germs, he can now officially be part of the group.



Here are some pictures but I am not sure if you will be able to see his little sick characteristics going on. Look for the red eyes and snot filled nose.








Also since we stayed home all weekend, I decided that I should cook something that I never cooked before. I choose a Berries and Cream Cheesecake. It came out delicious! Here is the recipe if you would like to try it!




Look for more posts from me soon, hopefully before the next time I have to stay home with a sick Thomas.

5 comments:

  1. Great job wife, way to blog! Thanks for missing work today and taking care of our sick baby... you're my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Tommy looks so sad. Poor little guy. The good news is he will miss less school when he gets to kindergarten! The cheesecake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my poor little Thomas.... he does look sick in the pictures. I hope gets to go to daycare to play with his new friends today. The Cheese Cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why you should never play in those "play area's" at the mall aka Germ Fest 2009

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "cheesecake" was delicious. And PS Jenn, I was at the store last night and saw the Sara Lee pound cake in the freezer section. So you know for next time.

    ReplyDelete