Wednesday, August 12, 2009

School, Daycare & Work

The whole family has made it through our first week of 'new routine'. I started my student teaching this week, Thomas started his daycare this week, and Mommy continues to work and make tons of money. Thomas' daycare experience has been closely related to Jenn's because Jenn is the person who gets Thomas ready for his day and drops him off at daycare and so they both are adjusting to the routine of saying 'good byes', and 'I love you'. I on the other hand an waking up early and leaving the house around 6:15, so I get to work early and therefore I leave work early. Typically I have been picking Thomas up from daycare at about 3:30, and every time he has a large smile on his face because he sees me walking in the door. His smile is more from "Dad's here to play with us" which is better than the "Dad please get me out of this nightmare".
Because our family has been running around with our new routine, I have some pictures and some videos (notice the plural of both... your welcome).
This first video Jenn took of Thomas because it's really funny listening to the sounds he makes now that he's getting a little older (and wiser I assume).




These pictures below were taken while Thomas was asleep in his crib. It was a usual day and Thomas was taking a usual nap, except that his butt was way up in the air. I told Jenn it reminds me of Marty McFly from Back to the Future (if you aren't a huge fan, the character in the film slept in odd positions).




These pictures are just of Thomas sitting in the swing, but we thought it was neat to compare some of these pictures to some earlier ones when Thomas was teeny-tiny and sitting in his swing. Also you may notice how Thomas is becoming more and more handsome with each passing day. I told Jenn that at the rate Thomas is going, he will be better looking than me, in which she replied, "Oh I hope so". I'm still figuring that one out?


And here is the second video which I shot of Thomas as he was crawling around in his room. For those that have visited us before you will remember that the closet doors are very large mirrors and so this video was funny because Thomas was reaching and grasping at his reflection, and eventually tried to eat or kiss himself? Thomas is only 7 months old, so at this age there's still a lot for him to figure out.




Finally, I would like to alert all blog readers to keep an extra close watch for the Thomas Music Video. It will be posted to the blog, ASAP... will you be the first person to view it?

2 comments:

  1. TCTT!!!! Man you keep promoting this Thomas Music video like crazy. I expect greatness from you Don.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teta loves the pictures and the 2 new videos... i hope you all have a great week 2!

    ReplyDelete