Sunday, August 23, 2009

World Premiere...

Baby Rap Video:

Some avid blog readers may remember that I have been working on a "rap video" for a couple months. Initially I wanted to make the video to showcase the talents of every one's favorite baby boy Thomas. As you may or may not know the very first thing a person must do after getting a brilliant idea of wanting to make something, in this case making a music video, is to begin with a script, or in this case song lyrics. I wrote a rough draft that was later edited and collaborated with by Uncle Tony.

Once the amazing rap lines were written down we next had to begin filming, or in this case video taping. Again, as you may imagine there were many-many scenes and working with a baby whom at the time was only around 5 or 6 months can prove to be challenging. Not everyone has the patience to work with their director dad, or cares to sit still or wait for the best sunlight. None the less, we were able to shoot a lot of video thanks to the help of Thomas (the big star), Mommy, and again Uncle Tony.

After all the shooting had been completed it dawned on me that I hadn't yet created a musical track or actually sung the lyrics that would be the driving force behind our music video. So again, I stepped into my private recording studio (I'll show it to you next time your over at our house) and sang the words that everyone is going to love to hear. After the music and song tracks were made we were on to post production, or editing the video.

Let me just say that the most challenging part of video making is the editing process (hat off to Auntie Laura). The ability to take 30+ minutes of video and whittle it down to the very best 3 minutes is a long and challenging job, but whenever I felt like giving up, or quitting, I would just think about you... the blog reader, and then I would whittle on.

After many months of going from up in my head to here in the blog, I am proud to present the Baby Rap Video of Thomas!




YouTube Link HERE

And because this is a blog, and I know how much all the blog readers love to read, I have posted down below the Rap Lyrics so you can read the rhymes at your leisure.


Yo yo yo
I’m awesome cause I’m a baby
You know you love me, baby-baby
I’m awesome cause I’m a baby
You know you love me, baby-baby

My name is Thomas with a capital T
I’m the cutest damn baby that you’ll ever see
I'm not very old, but I got a lot of style
I might just come at you like a croc from the Nile

All day long I hang out with my dad
You think he's a fool but I’ll guarantee he’s rad
He changes my diaper whether dirty or wet
But you don’t have to worry cause he never breaks a sweat

Only have two teeth, still got a lot of gums
Watch me drool and slobber while I suck on my thumbs
I’m always hungry, morning, noon or night
If you don’t feed me, there’s going to be a fight

You think I get embarrassed because I wear a diaper
When I grow up I’m going to be a fast typer
4, 3, 2 - I only need a onesie
Go ahead get jealous because this is funzie

I’m awesome cause I’m a baby
You know you love me, baby-baby

I make a scream when I wake up in the night
I make a scream when I can’t see the light
I make a scream when everything’s alright
I make a scream because my dad is so white

I’m awesome cause I’m a baby
You know you love me, baby-baby

About once a day I will party in my swing
Rocking back and forth, feeling like a king
Sometimes just to soothe me, they stick me in a backpack
It makes me feel cool, like a member of the Rat Pack

When the weather is bump'n I will cry for my stroller
Checking out the da hood you know I’m a high roller
I’m looking at the trees and looking at the sky
You think I’m so cute and you know I’m super fly

Every pretty lady especially my mother
Looks at me and says what a cute-mother-hugga
My cheeks are da-bomb you know my face is precious
With looks this good I’ll be given a free Lexus

3-4 times a week I get to take a bath
I grab my bubbles and have a good laugh
I get so fresh and clean and I mean real clean
You can tell I’ve washed away the cranky and the mean

I’m awesome cause I’m a baby
You know you love me, baby-baby
I’m awesome cause I’m a baby
You know you love me, baby-baby
Peace out, word to my mother.




Also, check out our blog survey over on the side bar, let us know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Thomas, you ROCK, baby..... i love the video... you're the MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That...was the best baby video ever! My favorite part was the bumbo/bath scene. When he was "moving" along the floor to the bathtub. Loved it! I tip my hat to all those who were involved. Good job everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At risk of seeming like a stalker, since I don't even technically know you guys, I wanted to let you know that the video is rad and my husband thinks I'm losing my mind because all week I keep singing "I'm awesome, cuz I'm a baby ... "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for enjoying the blog. We love all our readers and don't fear stalkers.

    ReplyDelete