Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Shop Now, Eat Later

As some of you enthusiastic blog readers may know, Jenn and I have been giving Thomas baby food these last couple weeks. I have gotten a large response for the carrots video and decided to show you a couple more. This picture below is Thomas in a shopping cart at the grocery store, and Mommy and Daddy were excited about this because Thomas is getting to be a very good sitter-upper and he's even gotten his own little shopping cart blanket cover thingy (you know those things). Jenn is being a very effective Mommy by buying fresh fruits and vegetable and then pureeing them at home for Thomas to eat.

Obviously bananas is the next logical step for baby food experimenting (we read this book that said to give babies long food first), and also in this video you can see that Thomas got to eat with a very special guest. Thomas' Auntie Laura was in town and got to witness the exploration of banana taste on her number one favorite nephew (it was special)!



In this video Thomas tries the vegetable of squash! Both Mommy and Daddy enjoy squash and it also fits into the 'long-food' category (which is a joke, there's no research or book to support the long food first theory). Surprisingly Thomas seems to like squash a lot and I'm already thinking that if Thomas keeps up at this rate he's going to be a big strong eater all the way through his toddler years and into childhood (fingers crossed).






I can already hear the other parents reading this blog right now saying "OK Don, so you're not going to have a picky eater, yeah right!" And yes, that's my goal, but I am aware that Mommy and some other adults (whom I won't name) can shy away from some foods, and I just hope that Thomas is like his Daddy when it comes to trying foods (either courageous or highly indifferent, not sure which), but only time will tell how Thomas' eating habits will develop.

4 comments:

  1. Thomas is such a good eater! and he understands how important it is to have your tongue in just the right position :)

    But man, if Jennifer is considered a picky eater I am afraid of the places we would go for lunch if we relied on Don!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how at first he always has that look on his face like "what is this, I don't know if I like it" and then seconds later it changes to " give me more food"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Donnifer, You better save some food for Thomas to try when Auntie Allison comes to visit. I'd like to suggest ice cream or candy as the food Thomas can associate with Auntie Allison. So Auntie Laura gets bananas, so what! Auntie Allison gets Banana Split! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. alright Auntie Allison. no fun foods for Thomas until you get here... in November? I'll try and keep him out of the fridge.

    ReplyDelete