Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dinner & Games

Greetings blog reader. I will be upfront and honest with you; there are no Thomas pictures/videos currently. You may call me a bad Daddy, or act as if I don't love our blog fans, but we were very busy this weekend, and didn't take pictures and videos. If you read on and have patience, then you will see that pictures or videos will come later, but that is all part of the story.

Our busy weekend started on Saturday morning around 6am. The plan was to wake up early and get the house cleaned so I could sit down and watch the World Cup soccer game between USA and Ghana. In case you didn't see the game I won't ruin it for you, but it was an exciting and long game. Long-story-short, we got our cleaning done and watched the soccer game and then started preparing for a dinner party (hence, cleaning the house). We had a group of 12 and Jenn cooked up some awesome Mexican cuisine; we ate rice and beans, slow cooked beef and salsa, and all sorts of awesome grub. Special thanks goes out to Katie, Leia and Anessa for helping with the preparing and set up, thanks ladies.

After all the food was eaten we had a pictionary throw-down, boys vs. girls. Lets just say it was exciting and super fun. The big high light for Jenn was guessing the term "about face" in about 4 seconds- yeah it was crazy. I could go into details about how I drew this really well or how someone else guessed some thing really well, but it's sort of a game where you were either there or you weren't. If you did miss the party or you weren't invited, maybe next time. :-)

Sunday was a busy day because we did our usual Church and breakfast routine and then in the afternoon we went to a house-warming party for the Stewart's new house. The Stewarts in case you don't know are cousins of Jennifer, and their son Hayden is two days older than Thomas. It's a guarantee that those two boys playing together is going to be super cute, just imagine the cuteness (again, sorry there are not pictures, you'll live).

Sunday evening was also filled with excitement because Jenn and I play on a softball team with several of Jenn's coworkers and we had some 'big-time' plays from the game. I would pretty much say that Laura should have been there with her Sports Center crew because I did not get hit with any balls in the... balls. And Jenn was smashing the ball with her bat, as she swung big and got a triple tonight. I am starting to think that Jenn and I might need to quit our day jobs and become major leaugers.

The very last part of our weekend has been me sitting down and apologizing to my blog readers about no Thomas pictures/videos. I will say that I will be here at home with Thomas most of the week and I will try very hard to take some videos of super cute things. But on the plus side, I think I've broken a personal record with the number of hyperlinks that I can cram into one blog post; that's pretty exciting! Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the weekend update Don. I'll wait patiently for the pictures and videos...

    ReplyDelete