Sunday, September 27, 2009

More Cheese and Whine?

Have you ever experienced a weekend that was fun? Well this past weekend wasn't really one of those. We had some parts that were fun, and enjoyable, but overall, I am pretty ready for Monday.

Lets begin with the good times, because you're probably reading this blog on Monday morning, and so you're already a little depressed, so lets get happy first, and then I'll leave you the same way I found you- just kidding!

Friday was nice because Jenn and I both got out of work around the same time 3pm and so we picked up Thomas from day care and we all spent the evening doing a little shopping and watching some television and just enjoying the beginning of the weekend.

Saturday again was nice- ignoring the fact that Thomas was awake at 6am and ready to wake up for the day. We again did a little running around- errands and such. I was able to work on some homework (couple more months until I graduate, again), and Jenn was able to catch a movie, while Thomas was playing and happy- most of the time. Saturday evening was really terrific because our friend Anessa had a themed birthday party; the theme being 80's. Jenn and I both had sweet costumes and Thomas enjoyed mingling with all the people, and all the great music. Here's the part that might make you not love me as a blogger anymore, I forgot our camera and so not a lot of pictures yet of the fun 80's party. Here is one group photo which Jenn and Thomas (far right) heard and posed for, while I was in some other room doing the electric slide or something?


Over all the party was super fun, and like I said I'll try and get more photos that show me and Tia Leia and Gramma Katie and a bunch of other blog celebs.

Special shout-out to Gramma Katie who took Thomas to her house around 9 so that Jenn and I could keep partying until we'd had enough. Turns out we got home and in bed around... 2am. Crazy right, it's like a wild Saturday night or something.

Sunday we did wake up and attend church with Gramma, and then we all tried to recuperate from the night before. All three of us took small naps through out the day and watched a little football on TV. Here is a video that Jenn took of Thomas that some might find amusing.



As you might be thinking right now, "This weekend sounds fun, what's with the complaints Don?" I will now tell you why this weekend was a little rougher and tougher than previous weekends. Our darling son Thomas has learned to whine. It isn't a 24/7 thing, but it's a every 15 minutes thing that can kind of make you want to say, "Want some cheese with that wine?"

I have a theory that Thomas is just growing into the world more and more and so every day he is becoming a baby less and less. Thomas wants Jenn and I to hold him and play with him, but sometimes we need to go to the bathroom, or wash some dishes or make him a bottle, and so in those instances he will give this half-cry, whiny sort of noise thing. I joked a couple times during the weekend that I was looking forward to Monday just a little, so that I may get away from the whine. Also I started thinking that while Thomas is at daycare (Monday-Friday), he has toys and other babies to play with and he's very entertained where as when he's at the house all day with just Mommy and Daddy, he's a little bored.

I suppose it's part of growing up and that it's time to just start telling him to knock it off, and not give him extra attention for his 'squeaky-wheel' actions. If there are any experienced parents that would care to advise or give two cents then please feel free to comment, and as always if you want to just comment on any normal happenings, please feel free to also do that.

3 comments:

  1. Tom Tom is whining because he wants a baby brother or sister to entertain him.

    Oscar got slightly depressed when we first moved to TX because there weren't any squirrels that need chasing around here. We thought about another puppy to get Oscar out of his depression ball but decided to make regular play-dates with other neighborhood dogs. We also bought Oscar a squirrel squeaky toy which he seems to like. I suggest either a baby brother or sister for Thomas or a squirrel squeaky toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend of a friend of a follower, and also a mom of four sweet and adorable little monsters. I say Thomas needs a sibling. They are happier and more entertained on a regular basis with each other than with any toy. Even a squeaky squirrel toy. Although the squirrel might be preferable to parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don you are getting so popular! My cousin is "the Taylors" that just posted :)

    I vote for a pet mouse - then you can have cheese and whine!

    ReplyDelete