Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Jenn

Jenn completed her first week back at work and did an amazing job.  

Several weeks before her birthday (March 9th), she noticed that her Monday Birthday and my evening Monday class would conflict, and so she became sad.  I then check my school calendar and discovered that my Monday class was cancelled on her birthday because it's Spring Break (I just poured water on my tee shirt when I typed Spring Break).

I decided it would be fun to surprise Jenn and make her believe that I was going to class, but then show up at the restaurant so she gets happy.  So, once Jenn returned to work, she checked the University calendar and was like, "You don't have class on my birthday, you can come out to dinner with us!" 
To which, I replied, "No, I do have class because my education classes are on a different schedule than the rest of the University."  
And then Jenn said, "Are you sure, maybe I should call your department head and verify that.  I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to do that."  
I quickly said, "Don't call my professors or dean, allow me to call and figure out why they are doing this."

Lets just say, that I convinced her that I didn't have Spring Break, and she eventually was telling co-workers that the College of Education had it's own Spring Break.  So last night, I got on my bike and rode off to class as normal, and told Jenn to have a nice dinner with Katie (Mom) and Tony (Brother).  I then parked my bike at the near-by church parking lot, where Steve and Leia picked me up so that we arrived at the restaurant before Jenn!  

Below are some pictures from Jenn's birthday dinner at Carrabbas, as well as a couple photos of Jenn and Thomas.  Also included in the photos are a couple shots of a Saturday evening dinner we had with some friends on top of South Mountain.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sister....sorry I missed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of Jenn and Thomas are absolutely adorable! Happy birthday, Jenn!!!

    ReplyDelete